Hello, all, first time post from new member.  Please bear with me if I lack
polish!

I'm trying to prove the function of our CPP processor on our mainframe
(Frankly, it's mostly for the exercise) and am running into problems with
Hello-World.  The code I'm running is:

#include <iostream>
#include <stdio.h>
using namespace std;
int main() {
    cout << "Hello, World!";
    return 0;
}

I've also run it without stdio.h; it has never run successfully. It compiles,
then fails in execution with ABEND User=U4038.  The relevant message appears to
be this:

"CEE3555S A call was made from a NOXPLINK-compiled application to an
XPLINK-compiled exported function in DLL C128 and the XPLINK(ON) runtime option
was not specified.
>From entry point __dllstaticinit at compile unit offset +00000116 at entry
>offset +00000116 at address 14D02176.
<> LEAID ENTERED (LEVEL 08/30/2010 AT 12.37)
<> LEAID PROCESSING COMPLETE. RC=0
"
Now, I'm compiling with the standard proc CBCCB, which specifies inline that
XPLING(ON) is not supported.  Using compiler options:
LOCALE(En_US.IBM-1140)
MAR(1,80) NOSEQ LO

Can someone direct me to a reference source that's likely to help, and/or point
out whatever really N00b mistake I'm making?

--Phil Sevetson