Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: z/OS compiling COBOL/CICS pgms

Hi Graham,

I do not recognize the procedure COBMCIC4 as being an IBM supplied procedure
as CICS ones generally begin DFH, and DB2 ones usually begin DSN.

As use are using the Dallas service I would assume it to be at the same
level as the zPDT ADCD offering, in which case you can exploit the
integrated translation facilities of the Enterprise Compiler and the
procedure for this is DFHZITCL. The example below is a standard COB/CICS
compile with no DB2.

If you run a standard compile first and check the PARM options listed, the
DB2 value should be present I think it is SQL from memory. The PARM values
can be set either via PARM overrides in the JCL, or possibly better via the
inclusion of a CBL statement at the front of the source code.

//CICSCOBM JOB  CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=X,NOTIFY=&SYSUID

//         SET  HLQ=&SYSUID            /* Data Set HLQ           */
//         SET  MBR=BRWS01             /* Program to be compiled */
//*
//*        Compile program BRWS01
//*
//S0010    EXEC PROC=DFHZITCL,INDEX='DFH420.CICS',LNGPRFX=IGY420,
//             DSCTLIB=&HLQ..COPY.BOOKS,OUTC='*',
//             PROGLIB=&HLQ..CICS.LOADLIB
//COBOL.SYSIN  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&HLQ..SOURCE.COB(&MBR)
//LKED.SYSLMOD DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&HLQ..CICS.LOADLIB(&MBR)

Kind Regards - Terry

Director
KMS-IT Limited
228 Abbeydale Road South
Dore
Sheffield
S17 3LA
UK

Reg : 3767263

Outgoing e-mails have been scanned, but it is the recipients responsibility
to ensure their anti-virus software is up to date.