On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:54:23 -0600, Donald Likens <dlik...@infosecinc.com> wrote:

>I have not made it work yet but I am convinced that the best way to handle
>sending files
> that use LF (unix) new line indicator to a system that understands CRLF as
> the new line
> indicator is to use a special translation table (Translate x'15' to x'25').
> In the z/OS case
> I updated the ASCII-to-EBCDIC table. I simply have not been able to get FTP
> to read
> my special table yet.

The FTP standard REQUIRES the use of CRLF (0x0d0a) on the wire to identify
end-of-line.  That said, Unix FTP programs are notorious for their use of plain
LF.  The users of said programs are just as notorious for not pressuring the
vendors to fix them.  (Why have standards if no one will follow them?)

If you are transferring an EBCDIC text file from z/OS to a UNIX host using the
UNIX FTP client, and the FTP client won't recognize CRLF, you can use
  QUOTE SITE SBSENDEOL LF

If the file is simply EBCDIC strings separated by NL,  use the POSIX
translation table.

Alan Altmark
IBM Senior Managing IT Consultant
z/VM and Linux