Thanks. This is sufficient. It's perfect. I don't need to be able to do it;
I just need to be able to point a RACF expert in the right direction.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of McKown, John
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: NETRC and security -- am I missing something?

Yes, this is possible. It is called PADS (Program Access to Data Sets).
It uses somthing called the "Conditional Access List" in RACF also. You
can basically say something like: "Allow user xyz to have ... access to

Note that the above is very simplified and using PADS can become quite
complicated by things such as determining exactly which program is doing
the OPEN and which library it is coming from.