True. I've used DCOLLECT in the past. In fact, we run a daily DCOLLECT in the
early morning for just such reporting.

My modification to the current batch program is in upgrading it, __and__ making
a corresponding UNIX command to be issued from from a UNIX shell prompt.
Granted, I can use some weird coding to run a z/OS batch program from the UNIX
shell and then process its output. But I'd like to make a "pure native"
command. This is just more for my learning. All in HLASM. I've gotten fairly
good at it. The weirdest part, to me, is how to use the C sprintf() routine
from HLASM in order to make "really nice looking" output. The C language
calling convention is quite different.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV