That is interesting. If the job single threads, then I'd say that a slow down
is possible. It's called "the MP effect". Basically, in an SMP (Symmetric Multi
Processing) environment, where each CPU has equal access to main memory, then
you get an interference effect fighting for access to the shared memory. The
more CPUs, the more interference. IBM tries to address this by having separate
portions of memory be on separate memory busses. But I don't know how the z10's
memory is laid out.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV