Hi Dave,

I have been the installer of the LRS (Levi, Ray and Shoup) products in my shop
since 1998.  First of all, LRS support is excellent and I a m sure that they
would be happy to assist you.

DRS (Dynamic Report System) provides a virtual printer for a VTAM connection .
DRS/IP provides the same for an IP connection.  They can run as one started
task - that's the way I run.  Data coming in through DRS can be written to the
JES spool, written to an MVS dataset, or written to a file under z/Unix.  If
written to JES2 (I don't have JES3), it can be set up for what ever is going to
drive the actual print, or it can be picked up by a viwer. Lots of
flexibility.   You can even name AFP res ources if you want PSF to print to an
AFP printer.

Do you know where the x'40' is being added?  It could be with LRSQ.  B y
default /binary is set to N.  When set to Y, LRSQ is told not to translate a
binary transmission.  That is probably what you want try. (I do not have LRSQ
here).  If that stops the x'40' then that could be all you need.

HTH,

Linda