Terry,

Here's someone that our xDB2 product could have helped.
Don

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Victor Zhang
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 7:01 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Restore db2 image copy backup efficiently

Hello experts,
During backup data image to virutal tape, to same virtual tape volume,
tape stacking is normally used, ie more than one datasets will be
written to one virtual volumes,that's ok for backup. But DB2 lacks
control to direct backup to which virutal volumes, which cause backup
are scattered in many virutal volumes. When restore,I encountred
following messages:
 IEF690I FOLLOWING VOLUMES UNAVAILABLE TO REINCT10 DLINCT  282
IEF690I R73278
*885 IEF235D REINCT10 DLINCT WAITING FOR VOLUMES. TO CANCEL WAIT REPLY
'NO'
*IEC501A M
08E0,R73278,SL,,REINCT10,DLINCT.SP00900,BTCHP2.L.A.BN.TSINCT.P00900.CA
120111.H05
 IEF234E K 08E0,R73278,PVT,REINCT10,DLINCT

IEF690I cause restoration slow down. How to efficiently restore db2
image copy? I appreciate your feedback.

Regards
Victor

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN