 From: Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: bpxwdyn rc = 4294967263

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 14:32:56 -0800, Scott Ford wrote:

I am testing a BPXWDYN call in Cobol  and I am building this allocate...

ALLOC DD(TEMPFLE) DA(PIONEER.TEST.SYSIN) NEW CATALOG UNIT(SYSDA) CYL SPACE(1,1)
DSORG(PS) RECFM(F) LRECL(80)

I have tied with and without BLKSIZE(80) and in either situation see a
4294967463 return code
Do I assume the class code is 4 and the error is x'294' ...??

Big numbers make me think of allocation-detected problems.  Can you try
adding "MSG(WTP)" to see whether allocation tells you something in the
job log?

I tried your command from Rexx.  I needed to change the HLQ, then it
worked with no errors.  If I knew COBOL I'd ask how you called BPXWDYN.

-- gil