We're just starting to look into secure Tn3270 and are fighting our way
through the doc.  Most IBM doc is RACF oriented ad we're an ACF2 shop.
And we're in mainfraim communication support group, not the security
group, so we don't understand all we're reading.

We're probably going to test using a self-signed certificate, then switch
to a Verisign certificate once we get a better feel for what we're doing.
At this point we have no plans for client authentication - we're mostly
after ecryption because we're anticipating a mandate from on high that all
Tn3270 connections be ecrypted.

Has anyone out there implemented secure Tn3270 using ACF2 to hold key data?
Is there an ACF2 equivalent to RACDCERT, or did you have to do all the
work outside of ACF2 and then import the data into ACF2?

I've found information about this on the web but almost all of it has been
for secure FTP or CICS.  I assume much of that transfers to Tn3270, but
don't know for sure.

Thanks in advance.

Pat O'Keefe