Hi

Thank you, it is exactly the problem .
The dataset not opened in the job step at all.
But in DASD the new generation exists, so if someone opens the actual new generation, he will get an empty disk dataset, but for TAPE he will get the last nonempty one. If you know this, it is o.k, if not and you change from DISK to TAPE you will get a surprise.