Hi Folks,

TSO Customization hint. If you ever need to change the number of Global Notices created in SYS1.BRODCAST (the Broadcast Dataset) when you do an ACCOUNT/SYNC of SYS1.BRODCAST, you don't have to follow the TSO Customization manual's complicated procedure (zap and IPL). Instead, before you run the SYNC command, run my TSO command from CBT Tape File 247 called BDMNNOTC and give it the number you want. For example: BDMNNOTC 150 It's as simple as that. The IBM default is 100 notices records created. The SHOWzOS command from CBT Tape File 492 (level 7.20 and above) will tell you this number. (Do a FIND for Notices.)

The background behind this, is that the SYNC command looks at a number in the CVT (a fullword at +5A8 in the CVT) and creates the number of notices indicated in that fullword (default is x'00000064'). BDMNNOTC just plugs a different number in there - the number you specify.

Hope this hint helps someone. The occasion doesn't come up often, but when it does, this is what you can do to make life simple.

I have a SHARE requirement in, to have IBM change this, but you know how long it takes them. My requirement would be to add a keyword NUMNOTICES(nnn) to the IKJTSOxx PARMLIB member. (But it isn't there yet.) Use my TSO command if you have to change the number.

   Best of everything to all of you.

Sincerely,    Sam Golob