> Hi All/Lizette,
>
> My Logic of automating the ISMF thing is like below :
>
> Step 1 : Choosing the ISMF panel option then ,
>
> Selecting Option 1 : 1  Data Set                  - Perform Functions
> Against Data Sets
>
> Step 2 :
>
> Then ,
>
>                          DATA SET SELECTION ENTRY PANEL             Page 1
> of 5
>

>  For a Data Set List, Select Source of Generated List  . . 2  (1 or 2)
>

>    1  Generate from a Saved List         Query Name To
>
>         List Name  . .                   Save or Retrieve
>

>    2  Generate a new list from criteria below
>
>         Data Set Name . . . 'KGC08630.**'           = ====== > T*his is
> where I put userid HLQ.** to retrieve their DASD space utilizatio*n.
>
>         Enter "/" to select option      Generate Exclusive list
>
>         Specify Source of the new list  . . 2    (1 - VTOC, 2 - Catalog)
>
>         1 Generate list from VTOC
>
>            Volume Serial Number . . . *          (fully or partially
> specified)
>            Storage Group Name . . . .            (fully specified)
>
>         2 Generate list from Catalog
>
>            Catalog Name . . .
>
>            Volume Serial Number . . .            (fully or partially
> specified)
>            Acquire Data from Volume . . . . . . . Y  (Y or N)
>
>            Acquire Data if DFSMShsm Migrated  . . Y  (Y or N)
>
> Step 3 : Then :
>
> I get a List of dataset like below :
>
>    Panel  List  Dataset  Utilities  Scroll  Help

>  DGTLGP11                         DATA SET LIST
>
>                                                          Entries 1-5 of 5
>
>  Enter Line Operators below:                             Data Columns 3-5
> of 42
>

>       LINE                                    ALLOC      ALLOC     % NOT
>
>       OPERATOR          DATA SET NAME         SPACE      USED      USED
>
>      ---(1)----  ------------(2)------------ ---(3)---  ---(4)---  -(5)-
>
>                  KGC08630                    ---------  ---------    ---
>
>                  KGC08630.CIC.LOAD                 55K        55K      0
>
>                  KGC08630.CICS.LOAD              1660K       664K     60
>
>                  KGC08630.TESTING.COBOL            55K        55K      0
>
>                  KGC08630.TESTING.SEQ             221K         0K    100
>
>      ----------  ------  -----------  BOTTOM OF  DATA  -----------  ------
>  ----

> Step 4 : Then I print the above by choosing the option "LIST" Option 9 to
> Print.
>
> Step 5 : Then After the above step 4 I get the screen like below :
>
>    Panel  Utilities  Scroll  Help
>

> ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
>  DGTDPR11                  DATA SET PRINT ENTRY PANEL               Page 1
> of 2
>

>  Select Format Type  . . . . . 1  (1 - Standard, 2 - Roster)
>
>  Report Data Set Name  . . . . KGC08630         -----------------  USERID
> HLQ
>  Replace Report Contents . . . y  (Y or N)  Lines/Page . . . 55  (12 to 99)
>      ------
> [...]

Jags,

So you are looking to create a listing of datasets with used space functions?
If you can use CBTTAPE.ORG, you will find some entries that do just that.  As
going into ISMF and doing a LISTPRT the Tag number 4 is for Used Space

However, if you have other requirements, please LIST those.  The way you could
have asked for this request is:  I need a space used mapping of VSAM datasets,
or Space used of all datasets on a given pack.  The longer explanation was not
needed.

Lizette