In <1330520469.27305.yahoomai...@web180907.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>, on
02/29/2012
   at 05:01 AM, Lloyd Fuller <leful...@sbcglobal.net> said:

>No.  When we used PCP on the Model 40 with 64K.  We had a single job
>partition  and, most of the time, a spool partition.

NFW. There was only a single partition on PCP. Based on the model I'd
guess that you were running DOS/360.

>It was a very simple partition (like 10K or so) that ran the 1401

What are you trying to say? The 1401 was a computer, not a program. If
you meant that you ran the 1401 Emulator program, that confirms that
it was DOS.

>If we needed more memory for a specific purpose, we would reipl
>from a different pack and bring up OS360 with just the program
>partition.

Another sign that you were not running OS/360; on an OS/360 system
with multiple partitions you can amalgamated partitions with the
DEFINE command; you don't need to re-IPL.