In <2359544078384233.wa.betsyjefferymgic....@bama.ua.edu>, on
03/01/2012
   at 03:45 PM, Betsy Jeffery <betsy_jeff...@mgic.com> said:

>* The REXX itself is not allowed (by the Info Security folks) to
>issue the commands.

Do they know about the surrogate issuing the commands on your behalf?
If they don't want you using CONSOLE then they may not want yopu to
use CICSCMDT.

>The REXX Call is:
>arg1 = 'PS0903A'
>
>ADDRESS tso
> Call CICSCMDT ARG1

That's a Rexx call statement, not a TSO CALL command. Try

"CALL *(CICSCMDT) '"ARG1"'"

>The actual call is working.

Actually, it's not. See above.

>However, somewhere along the line I am losing the authority to issue
>the MODESET command

No, you never had the authroity. You must use the TSO CALL command to
acquire authorization in CICSCMDT.

>Some of the reading I've done indicates a REXX seems to indicate I
>may need the stub program for IKJEFTSR to keep the program
>authorized.

No, the TSO CALL command is sufficient.