> hi all,
>
> is it possible to issue a console command via CONSOLE+GETMSG in a rexx
without the
> resulting messages occurring in the syslog?
>
> thanks for your help
> stephen
>

> ---
> Dr. Stephen Fedtke
> Enterprise-IT-Security.com

I am not sure about your environment, but in mine we have CA OPS/MVS which
can suppress most things from SYSLOG if we set it up.  So, yes it is
possible from an automation tool.  What command was issued and what was the
response that is not in SYSLOG?  It helps to have a fuller picture.

Or do you want your rexx to not display the command and response in syslog?

Lizette