i Bob Shannon <bshan...@rocketsoftware.com> wrote:
> Q1) Any idea why "TSOLIB ACTIVATE DDNAME(IPCSLIBS)" appears to work at z/OS
> 1.11 but not at 1.13?

> No idea.

> Q2) Am I wasting my time here. Should the latest version of IPCS work with
> all older dumps?

> No, what you are trying to do is necessary. IPCS is not backwards compatible.

Sure it is.

> Q3) If the answer to 2) is no then how do other people do this?

> We copy the IPCS stuff to datasets with a different HLQ. As a vendor we
> receive dumps from a lot of back level systems so we keep the IPCS datasets
> forever.

You just need the proper SYS1.MIGLIB. Everytime we go to a new release, I
make sure I have a copy. If I get a dump from a previous release, I
place the older release in my TSO STEPLIB. (Actually, I have DDs
allocated with older releases in the concat and just issue TSOLIB
ACTIVATE.)

--
Don Poitras - SAS Development  -  SAS Institute Inc. - SAS Campus Drive
sas...@sas.com           (919) 531-5637                Cary, NC 27513