On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:36:06 -0500, J Ellis <jerry.el...@libertymutual.com>
wrote:
>If there is a way to get this remotely, [without t]he SE being on the network,
>please tell me how.
>I have had some success with a sellect/copy all, and then pasting into an
>EXCEL worksheet, most
>of the time EXCEL hangs contacting the server (SE).

Sorry, Jerry.  I was thinking about the WWPN export function when you have an
Ensemble.  Outside of that, yes, the binary NPIV configuration file can be
exported only when you're on the HMC.

The only thing I've ever done is to use a VPN that was set up to access the
private HMC-SE network to give direct access to the SEs for those few "SE-only"
functions that not even Single Object Operations will show to you.   ("Break
glass.")  I guess it would allow the FTP to work, too.  I never gave it much
thought.

Alan Altmark
IBM