I once greatly improved a Rexx routine exploiting the associative Rexx
array. It was some extract from a TMS report. It was originally written like
any other array with a subscript variable. And a lot of for loops.
   I changed it to use the main key (in this case the tape volser) as the
index. Elapsed and CPU times where reduced 80 to 90 percent.

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University