Not really. As best as I can tell, the C calling sequence is __horrible__. Too
much is "call by value". Variable length argument lists are accessed via the
"va_args" functions. Try reading here:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ccrug130/3.67
Have you looked at Metal C?
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ccrug130/1.2
It uses "standard z/OS linkage conventions". You might also look at "#pragma
linkage"
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/cbclr1a0/18.5.24
but it doesn't say that it sets the high order bit on.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group