From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John S. Giltner, Jr.
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 7:16 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: TIMEMARK and JWT question

Duffy, Peter wrote:
> At our site we have had lots of "issues" with users using HOD from
...snip...

We do and always have.  However the way TIMEMARK should work is that if
the session seems to be idle because of no activity on the users part,
the TN3270 server is supposed to send out a "Hey are you there?"
message.  If the client responds, then it is marked as active.  If it
does not respond, it is considered "gone" on the next SCANINTERVAL and
the connection will be dropped.  So, if there is a firewall configured
to prevent the either they "Hey are you there?" messages or the response

from coming back, they will get disconnected.  I could be something
other than a firewall, anything that could filter traffic.