From: Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Sent: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 5:49 pm
Subject: Re: Malicious Software Protection

On 27 March 2012 11:06, Greg Dorner <gdor...@wpsic.com> wrote:
> Our auditors are insisting that we install a product that protects against
alicious software (viruses, worms, trojans, etc.).
But have they asked you about the powerful and dangerous AMASPZAP yet?
hey aren't Real Auditors until they confront you about that.
> Does anyone know of a product that does this? I heard that McAfee is coming
ut with a z/OS product "later this year", but I called them and they had no
dea what I was talking about.
One approach is to play stupid the whole way.
Malicious software - what is that? Virus? Worm? Trojan? No, I am not
ware of any such thing. Could you please give an example of what you
re talking about? Ah - you suggest general protection against not yet
dentified threats? In your wide experience of auditing other
ompanies, what product(s) to do this have you found most commonly in
se on z/OS? What is the performance impact of these products? Could
ou direct me to some vendor-independent studies of their
rice/performance? Etc, etc.
Tony H.
or IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
end email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN