I have tried both ways and as soon as I enter the config it returns the syntax
error.

Here are the first few line of config

#!/bin/sh
#
# OpenSSL config: determine the operating system and run ./Configure
#
# "config -h" for usage information.
#
#          this is a merge of minarch and GuessOS from the Apache Group.
#          Originally written by Tim Hudson <t...@cryptsoft.com>.

Thanks

Ms. Terri E. Shaffer
terri.e.shaf...@jpmchase.com
Engineer
J.P.Morgan Chase & Co.
GTI DCT ECS Core Services zSoftware Group / Emerging Technologies
Office: # 614-213-3467
Cell: # 412-519-2592