Hi,

IBM introduced the concept of JES2 step-level restart in z/OS 1.13 and we're
interested in that function.  However, this enhancement requires JES2
journalling, which we don't use.

I'm interested in any feedback those of you who do use journalling can provide.
 I'm particularly concerned with spool or performance overhead associated with
the function because the JES2 Init and Tuning Guide suggests spool space is
consumed by the journal and that journalling can cause performance overhead
("up to 34%").

Do you use this function for all jobs/jobclasses or just a subset of your
workload?

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

Thanks,
Dennis