My recall visibility is mostly batch and programmers. The batch
window hasn't been a problem in nigh on two decades. Effective
programmers learn about HRECALL.
    My problem is online and web service CPU for about 3 and a half days
3 times a year. Plenty of capacity (well enough) for our small needs the
rest of the time. Tomorrow is the third day, bottleneck this time was
WEBSRV BPXAS's dropping thru the cracks. I tightened the response time
goal by about one third and it seems to be better.
   By Thursday, all the start of semester load will drop off, next time
for problems is Fall semester, first week of classes. It'll be the
"next" problem then. It's an z800-0B1 (5612.0659 service units per
second (Showzos)).

   8 3590 drives and major TMM was deemed much cheaper than VTS when we
looked a couple years ago. Of course, we still haven't moved all the old
stuff off the 3490's and the maintenance on them is getting to bother my
bosses a fair amount.