On 4 April 2012 13:13, Goldsby, Gary <gary.gold...@fredmeyer.com> wrote:
> G'day mates,
>                I would like to know if anyone has been successful in using a
> COBOL program to create a report that contains a UPC based '3 of 9' barcode.
> I am using COBOL on a MVS system and sending the print data to RMDS and
> Infopac where AFP is used to define the barcode position and length.
>                Any hints / tips would be appreciated.

There was a thread relating to this in August 2011, under the title
"Bar Codes coding using Enterprise COBOL".

There is also a small company specializing in mainframe and
specifically COBOL barcode printing, Sound Software,
http://www.soundsoftware.us/ . I haven't used their software, and have
no connection with the company, but it has been mentioned favorably on
this list.

Tony H.