Hi,
        The IXC104I message is issued on every IPL of a system that has the
support to indicate whether the system is eligible for the new protocols or
not.   It is purely informational and not related to the wait-state.

        The indicated wait-state is issued for several possible reasons, the
most likely of which is that the couple data set configuration needed to
change after the IPLing system became active in the sysplex, but before the
system could reliably deal with the change.  For example, an I/O error or
SETXCF command might have induced a switch to the alternate couple data
set.  This wait state is also issued when a system discovers itself to be
alive in a sysplex where the rest of the systems believe it to be dead.  I
would only expect this for the case where the operator/automation replied
"DOWN" to an XCF WTOR (such as message IXC102A or IXC402D) when in fact the
system was not actually down/reset (which is a bad bad thing to do).

Mark A. Brooks
z/OS Sysplex design and development
845-435-5149   T/L 8-295-5149
Poughkeepsie, NY