Yeah, that could have been it.  I believe it waits something like 1 minute, and
then continues.

If your ZFS shutdown wasn't clean, it may have also been checking each ZFS
filesystem, which can take a lot of time if you have a lot of ZFS filesystems.
You'd see messages on the SYSLOG for this though.

I've had issues in the past (not quite had time to find out why) with Resolver
starting up too soon - I have to cancel it, which then causes OMVS to spring
into life and finish initialising.

D OMVS,A=ALL can be useful to see what is going on.