On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:38:22 -0500, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:29:23 -0600, Jerry Whitteridge wrote:
>
>>Has anyone tried (apart from Paul G) exporting the PDSE via NFS and mounting
>>it at a z/Unix mountpoint on the same system ? That should be able to provide
>>your path as well a classic access
>>
>We tried and failed.  But we didn't try very hard because I
>couldn't justify expending much systems programmer resource
>on my largely experimental need.  We have legacy data sets
>exported and mounted on Solaris mountpoints.  We have
>Solaris filesystems exported and mounted on z/OS.  If I need
>something in both places, I keep it on a Solaris server.
>
>John M. may have tried; I don't know with what degree of success.

I hadn't done it with a PDSE, but I had with a PDS.   I just tried it and it
works
the same.  :-)

I ran an exec similar to this from TSO to mount the PDSE on the local system:

/* rexx */
Address TSO
 "MOUNT FILESYSTEM(NFS_ZELD) TYPE(NFS)" ,
     "MOUNTPOINT('/u/zelden/testnfs') " ,
     "PARM('SYST:""ZELDEN.TEST.PDSE,text"",xlat(Y)') "

You can change "ZELDEN.TEST.PDSE"  to "ZELDEN.TEST" in the mount parm, then all
my data sets
starting ZELDEN.TEST are mounted under /u/zelden/testnfs/  and the PDSE members
fall under
/u/zelden/testnfs/PDSE/*.

My export looks like this, so I can write to that PDSE as well:

ZELDEN            -access=SYST|SYSX,rw=SYST|SYSX

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com