I think the only way to do what you want is via the UNIX readdir type
functionality. The only thing I can find for reading a directory using non-UNIX
BPAM support are the BLDL and FIND macros. Conspicuously missing is DESERV
support.
Also, here
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/dgt2d490/3.8.7.4
it says:
DESERV provides interfaces to access the directories of PDS and PDSE data sets.
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/dgt2d570/2.2.20
says the same thing in very similar word.
But here:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/dgt2r190/8.0
it is explicitly stated:

 Table 73. DESERV reason codes

 Reason
  Code                   Meaning
1127 (X'0467')           UNIX(r) directories not supported.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group