In <4f90d295.6000...@acm.org>, on 04/19/2012
   at 10:05 PM, "Joel C. Ewing" <jcew...@acm.org> said:

>If you have multiple people who might have to back each other up and
>be able to take over and eventually complete a maintenance project
>started by another using SMP/E ISPF dialogs, then they had better
>share the same SMPTABL dataset.  Otherwise, the only way to continue
>their maintenance would be to manually start a new "project",
>determine what SYSMODS should be selected, determine the last step
>done by the prior person, and spin through the already-done dialog
>steps without actually submitting jobs in order to get to the right
>starting step.

The flip side of that is that if you have multiple people working
concurrently the variables tracking the work of one are highly
inappropriate for the work of another. If I have to back up somebody
who has started to install service, the CSI will tell me what I need
to know. Chances are that I will receive updated HOLDDATA before doing
anything else, so I may not care what he had previously selected.