On 4/24/2012 4:33 AM, David Crayford wrote:
<snip>

http://proceedings.share.org/client_files/SHARE_in_San_Jose/S8133EJ131525.pdf

That's a very interesting presentation. If I were coding in assembler I would follow! If IBM had made PL/X generally available would you have used that, or still used assembler?

PL/X? Possibly. It would have required a firm support commitment from IBM.

My fervent hope is that HLASM will eventually support these constructs (and my extensions to the language syntax provided by FLOWASM) natively, without requiring the use of macros or exits.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc