On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:38:49 -0700, Edward Jaffe wrote:

>On 4/26/2012 9:09 PM, Scott McFall wrote:
>> MAINFRAME SKILLS ARE BECOMING SCARCE!....particularly Systems Programmers.
>
>I hear this paradoxical conjecture all the time.
>
>If true, why are so many skilled mainframe professionals -- particularly
>sysprogs -- looking for work? IJS...

Yes, I had to bite my tongue when I saw that.
As one who can attest to the difficulty of getting (z) sysprog work, all this
pump priming about skill shortage and z sales spiralling upwards means zilch
when chasing a job.
There aren't hordes of people kicking down the walls to hire us. Especially I
suspect those of us that don't fit the (tacit) age profile. Maybe that should
be added to Radoslaws list.
Getting past the Internet agencies to even get to the company HR puppies to
hopefully even get a look in is damn near impossible.

Shortage be damned.

Shane ...