I would like to tell how much virtual/central storage is being used by sort
jobs.

The tuning guide (SC26-7526) states that JES log messages and SMF type-30
fields can be misleading as to how much storage DFSORT actually uses.

Messages produced when a SORTDIAG DD statment is added, although looks
promising leaves me having to guess as to the meaning since check the
message and codes merely has "DFSORT diagnostic message for use by the IBM
Support Cente"

ICEIEXIT although would work, writes SMF as user record 129 which is that
much more complicated to process.

Can anyone care to share how I can simply and accurately determine the
storage being used ?

Thanks
Yi Ming