It is an issue due to the customer base. During a previous trial at a large software shop, my code would occasionally log messages to its log indicating it could not keep up with the volume of activity being generated on the machine. Yet, at other shops, it could handle the volumes just fine. This is just one of the items that can affect performance, but if I can detect the trap is on, it is at least one known item out of the way.

    --Dave Day