I agree totally. Personally, I really __liked__ the 3215 keyboard/printer on
the s/370 145 that I started on. I wonder if it would be possible to use an
OSA-ICC to have a 3284 definition which would be connected to by a Linux box
running pr3287 and then generate that as a 3287 non-SNA printer for hardcopy
during IPL. I vaguely remember having a 1403 as a "console" for NIP messages
long ago.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets®

9151 Boulevard 26 . N. Richland Hills . TX 76010
(817) 255-3225 phone .
john.mck...@healthmarkets.com . www.HealthMarkets.com

HealthMarkets® is the brand name for products underwritten and issued by the
Company®, Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of TennesseeSM and The MEGA
Life and Health Insurance Company.SM