Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>Best?  Doesn't this imply that if you printed these RECFM=FBA reports on a
>real printer, you'd get (very) undesirable results?

These clients (nearly all of them) are using windoze or open source e-mail
client software and network printers. Generally they DON'T print them often
because they are [needless? ;-D ] worrying about chopping down trees,
tree-hugging thing, cost saving campaigns, too lazy to collect printouts, etc.
;-D

They generally save these text format reports on their disks for later perusal
or auditing.

Most of these reports are generally partly cut/copy/pasted into something else
or imported (text -> columns) in a spreadsheet. [1]

I can always copy the data from the FBA datasets and print them on a real
printer. [2] I do that only on ad-hoc requests.

>It would be worse on a printer, where col. 1, not seen here, would cause skips
>and page throwups, etc.

Agreed. This is not a concern. I can always rerun my reports without NOCC if
needed. This is easy, because I keep my source data and reports for a while.

But Paul, many thanks for catching this. Much appreciated! ;-D

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

[1] - I have in the past imported those text where I just skip the first column
in a spreadsheet and then copy the rest back to a text format file or just
leave them there in the spreadsheet. It is a PITA, while fast, but still a real
PITA, to do these things.

[2] - Some of these reports go straight to a LRS / VPS printer, but they are
being eliminated over the time. These users are generally forgetting to put in
paper, causing TCP/IP errors and possible loss of data to be printed. Or these
users don't have any budget for paper! Wow, these interesting times!!! ;-D