On 1 June 2012 18:14, Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@sce.com> wrote:
> TSO PROFILE command controls messages issued via PUTLINE, which invokes
> TSO services and is therefore suppressible within TSO. TPUT is an SVC that
> cannot be intercepted by TSO and therefore cannot be suppressed by TSO.

Uh, not exactly. While TSO does not "intercept" TPUTs, PROFILE
NOINTERCOM most certainly controls ordinary TPUTs from another address
space. However there is a "high priority" (can't remember the keyword)
option on x-mem TPUT that overrides NOINTERCOM. It requires APF
authorization. So much the worse for the design if the program really
is using this option to force its messages on the poor user.

But I don't know the product in question, and so if the TPUT is coming
from another address space; if it's running in the TSO address space
it can't be suppressed by NOINTERCOM.

Tony H.