Hi Andy,

It has been 3-4 years since the last time, and it was sniffer logs, dumps, and
traces - full end to end to resolve a critical remote printer issue for law
enforcement.  We redacted what could be redacted - Ip addresses were replaced
with literals, e.g. C-IP-addr1, for customer IP address 1, and so on.  We were
careful to replace with meaningful substitutions, so as not to complicate the
troubleshooting efforts, while not revealing anything that our customer wasn't
okay with.  The problem print was traced, sniffed, and dumps were taken.  We
also had the vendors id the individuals who would be working the problem
and everybody signed non-disclosure agreements.  The root cause of the problem
was found and corrected within about a week.

For your situation, I would suggest that you begin with the requirements of law
(if any) that cover your data and your situation.  It sure sounds like it would
come under HIPPA, so I did a quick Google search for ' what is Tricare data'.
Breaches require free credit monitoring, and it is covered by HIPPA - according
to some of the search results.

HTH,

Linda