On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 11:15:01 -0400, Gabe Goldberg  wrote:

>Quick Reference mobile app for IBM System z

*that* got my interest - except I read it as "Reference Summary" ... click on
an opcode, get linked t the relevant sections of PoPs; that sort of thing.
D'oh.

>Now, having looked at it, it's hard to know where to start.
>
>It's for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone -- so it wastes most iPad screen
>real estate. Much 1x size text is unreadable; at 2x it's blurry and
>cartoonish.

Recognising (and accommodating) different sized devices shouldn't be an issue.
Decided to have a look at the Android version anyway to see if the same issues
existed. Except I picked the System x version by mistake; and it needed
registration first, and my battery alarm came up.
Uninstalled it, and lost interest at that point.

>It seems an interesting idea done badly, then forgotten...

The System x one had a reasonably recent update - may be more to come for
zSeries with luck.

Shane ...