Everyone,

The I/O development team is interested in whether you have any unit information modules (UIMs) other than IBM-supplied UIMs and vendor-supplied UIMs we already know about, and, if so, what they are for (e.g., tape, disk, network, or UR device). To find out whether you have any, you can use the HCD dialog's Query installed UIMs display to see whether you have any UIMs that start with CBDUCxxx, CBDECxxx, or CBDJCxxx*.

(*Note: If you have not followed the naming convention from HCD, and you have used names starting with CBDUSxxx, and CBDESxxx, or CBDJSxxx, then the search is a bit more difficult. In this case, you will have to look at all of them to see whether some of them are for non-IBM devices.)

We are aware of these vendor-supplied UIMs:

CBDUC001 - Eracom UIM
CBDUC005 - Data/Ware OSS/EAS
CBDUC046 - STK4650 / STK4670
CBDUC094 - Magnetic Tape Devices