--- Tom Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is a limit of 8 TSO users per image.  If you ran three
> logical partitions of z/OS.e then you would have a total of 24 >
users.

Tom,
you are right, don't know why I didn't consider this yet.
We are running right know with three z/OS 1.4 Monoplexes in a GRS ring
configuration. All three monoplexes share the same DASD, and can reach
the same ISPF application. Don't see why I can't tailor a job being
logged on TEST instead of PROD .... silly me.
I can then send the tailored job to PROD by means of FTP, in case the
job must run on PROD. If not, it runs on TEST, since the latter has
access to all d.s. known by PROD.

Thanks very much to you and to all who have answered to this post. It
helped a lot, as always.

Walter Marguccio