John McKown wrote on 01/16/2006 10:06:47 AM:

> Is there an **EASY** way to give IPCS an address and have it tell me:
> (1) the storage key and (2) whether it is fetch protected?

The easiest way that I know is to use the LIST subcommand together with the
DISPLAY(MACHINE) option, e.g.

  list 12345. asid(678) disp(mach nostor)

My example threw in the DISPLAY(NOSTORAGE) option, abbreviated slightly, to
just ask that the "MACHINE" information (interesting facts known to IPCS
about storage such as storage keys and underlying absolute storage
addresses) be included in the output.

Note:  If you regularly value MACHINE information for the work that you do,
"SETDEF DISPLAY(MACHINE)" will make it part of the output by default.

It is possible that IPCS won't know the storage key for some storage,
mostly storage for which SDUMP couldn't/didn't collect that information.  I
think that DISPLAY(MACHINE) output was written so that IPCS doesn't remind
you of all the things it doesn't know.

Bob Wright - MVS Service Aids