On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:46:52 +0530, Jake anderson wrote:

>Can we really represent the Total CPU time taken for a Job in MIPS(average)

No.

>? Does it really makes sense to represent the CPU time in MIPS ?

No.

MIPS is a rate; a ratio of two quantities, similar to miles per
hour.  It's meaningless to ask for the total MPH driving from
New York to Los Angeles.  Would this be the sum of the MPH
driving from New York to Chicago and the MPH driving from
Chicago to Los Angeles?  Surely not.  (But a weighted average
might be meaningful.)

-- gil