Hum, good question. I don't know. I think that I'm a bit sensitive about
copyright due to the fact that I'm a Linux user at home and many
commercial software vendors (and others) raise such a hew and cry about
how Linux people have no concern for copyright and violate it with gay
abandon (aka "they" maintain that Linux people tend to pirate other
people's work). So it makes me overly cautious.

Also at http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#hlc it states:

<quote>
A work that is created (fixed in tangible form for the first time) on or
after January 1, 1978, is automatically protected from the moment of its
creation and is ordinarily given a term enduring for the author's life
plus an additional 70 years after the author's death. In the case of "a
joint work prepared by two or more authors who did not work for hire,"
the term lasts for 70 years after the last surviving author's death. For
works made for hire, and for anonymous and pseudonymous works (unless
the author's identity is revealed in Copyright Office records), the
duration of copyright will be 95 years from publication or 120 years
from creation, whichever is shorter.
</quote>

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.