just as every unix, go into omvs and enter ps -ef ! grep xxx. Pay attention,
the sign behind the ps -ef is an exclamation mark.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johnny Luo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] Two silly questions about USS or OMVS on Z/OS

Thanks a lot for your kind help.Tomorrow I'll take a look at USS
configuration
.After that,I'll give the feedback.

Perhaps another question,is there a command in OMVS to see whether
or not 'the otelnetd daemon or the configured inetd' is running?Because at
the
beginning stage I just want to use it.If it's alredy running,I can save a
lot
time