In a recent note, jim harrison said:

> Date:         Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:16:19 -0500
>
>  If you specify the dataset name in your JCL and you know the DDNAME, you
> can use the LM (Library Access) functions of ISPF to dynamically retrieve
> member names
>
> The sequence would be something like LMINIT, LMOPEN, LMFIND or LMMLIST and
> LMFREE

He said in a followup subsequent to the one you replied to,
that he wants TSO-independence.  (Why?)  So those are out.

> "Marco Gianfranco Indaco" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> news:[log in to unmask]
> <SNIP>
>
> Yes, I want to specify in my jcl the name of partitioned without membername
> having so a dynamic selection of its members.
> If Rexx can't do, in you opinion, is there any tricks?

You can allocate with DSORG=PS,RECFM=F,LRECL=256; read the
directory blocks, and parse them to enumerate the members.
Tedious but straightforward if you have the right manuals.

You'd still need to allocate member-by-member, but BPXWDYN
allows that with no TSO dependency.

-- gil
--
StorageTek