From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Skip Robinson
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:40 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Windows Softcopy Reader gotten any better?

Well quirks is quirks, but I don't print much and oddball formatting seldom
makes the text unintelligible. But Softcopy Reader is clearly superior in
two respects:

1. Reverse navigation in Library Reader is maddeningly slow--by design
apparently. As long as you only want to move forward, fine. Just don't try
to back up.

2. Library Reader totally lacks a scroll bar or up-down arrow support. Just
not there.

So, while it clearly takes a few seconds longer to get Softcopy Reader out
of the garage and all revved up, I find it much nimbler to maneuver around
town. The longer I peruse a book, the more time I save.