Undoubtedly to the choir. But they can buy small/medium servers and
software from "petty cash". After some dozen(s), it's noticed that the
support admins are overworked and stressed, and they pull a position
from mainframe and hire another PC jockey.
   By the time the TCO arguments really make a difference, the
commitment to Micro$oft is as entrenched as the mainframe was 15 years
ago.