Binyamin Dissen wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:52:02 -0500 Jim Mulder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

:>IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 01/26/2006 :>09:47:40 AM:

:>> :>> There is no way (that I can find) to "legally" change the AX for
:>> a single unit
:>> :>> of work.

:>  The AX is intended by architecture to be maintained at an address
:>space level.  The AX is maintained in the ASTE, and from there makes
:>its way into CR 4. There is not intention by architecture or z/OS :>that you should be able to change the current AX of a single unit :>of work (other than the change that takes place when the primary :>ASN changes via PC).
A pity.

You can use "upgraded" address-space level resources and still maintain integrity by managing the dispatchability of the other TCBs in the address space. If they're all stopped, they can't access the "upgraded" resource. (This is the methodology employed by the authorized "leg" of the TSO/E TMP.) Just watch out for deadlocks...

--
| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |